Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Visit to Boise

Yep, that's where I ended up going this weekend -- Boise, Idaho. It was definitely nice to get out of the county for the weekend. It also amazes me how fast that area is growing. There is both road and building construction like every quarter of a mile. It's crazy!

I went and saw my sister at a barrel racing competition. She did quite well too, with a 15.700 time on Friday and a 16.007 time today (Sunday). I had a good time watching her this weekend. It has been a while since I have watched her, as she goes some place nearly every weekend.



I also saw my friend Clay Hayward. He showed me around the place he lives (it's getting remodeled) and where he works in Meridian (Bohnenkamp's Custom Weld Marina and Off-Road 4x4 center) -- try saying that five times fast (picture above). He seems to like it a lot in that area and is enjoying his job. He and I use to be best pals years ago, but we've sort of gone different paths in recent years -- him especially with going to school and finding a job. But I am happy that he's finding himself and enjoying life.

Going back to work this week again at both my office and the extension office. This back and forth thing has been kind of fun, but I'll be glad when it's over.

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS