Monday, April 16, 2007

Shock Waves of Virginia Tech Hit Close to Home

The tragedy of Virginia Tech's deadly school shooting hit rather close to home. I was instantly shocked when I heard where the shooting spree had taken place, as one of my friends went to that school. Fortunately, he hasn't been there for a while and wasn't there today, but many of his friends were affected and some of their friends killed. One's mind can't even comprehend this kind of situation. Today I thought: what if that had hit my college or high school? Certainly these people's lives will be forever changed after today. Many families will be in shock for years to come, and friends (such as my friend Alex) will be affected in horrific way for quite sometime. Alex use to live in Joseph, and so many people around here remember him and still keep in touch. We are just thankful that he didn't end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. But my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this horrible event.

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS