Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's 2am

I'm listening to my favorite tunes and rockin out to them, hoping the neighbors don't call the cops or come knocking on my door.

It was a great week. Another week of amazing computer sales (thank you!). I am glad we must be doing something right in business. When I say "we," I mean the hard working staff of LB Productions.

This week I had a person from an organization that I no longer do business with tell me how much they missed me -- I must say it felt good. When I asked how things were going, I got a less "rosey" response. I told them that was "too bad..." and I really believe that. Their executive director (at that time), thought it was best for the organization to 'move on...' -- but I sincerely hope that was the best decision. Incidentally, the executive director has left the organization since.

I was telling my staff about the visit I had this week, and we came to a realization, we are adding new customers almost on a daily basis... and we had no love-loss over losing this particular organization. I run my business on the basis of trust and respect, and I do believe it should go both ways -- in this case it was very heavily in favor of the customer (it started to become very unfair to the rest of our customers and clients). The deterioration of the business relationship was solely the fault of the executive director at that time. I feel in no way arrogant for making that statement, I've spoken with many, many others in the community who back me up and agree with it, in fact. In addition, I must say, I deeply miss working with a couple of the individuals who are employed there.

It amazes me how the behavior and actions of any one person can make so many others happy, sad, miserable, angry, and any other variety of feelings. This is true in any group, organization, or business -- one person can really make a difference or indifference, however you look at it. I suppose it's part of life.

I think it speaks volumes about Keithanne and Haddie when I miss nearly half the week being at the Extension Office, but yet we still have another banner week at the office. I am proud of them, and will miss Haddie when she departs in July. We do have a couple of prospects on the horizon, I hope they pan out well.

I did enjoy my first week of two at the Extension Office. That place always is an interesting one. There were a couple of occurrences that I can't even mention on this blog that were noteworthy. All ended well though, and I appreciate the change of pace to let my brain decompress.

I plan to head out of town somewhere this weekend, but I'll let you know where I ended up in the next post.

Thank you for reading my rants and posts week after week :-)

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS