Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's Been A While

A while, but not that long. The longest I've gone without posting yet this year. Not bad, eh? It has been nearly 5 months since I made that promise. That also doesn't mean my days of frequent blogging are over by any means.

The latter half of the week and weekend were pretty quiet for me. Got some lawn mowed (finally). It seemed like it would rain every time I made an attempt. I finally got it done, but I noticed today that it's almost back as tall as it was just a couple of days ago. Aggravating!

So, this week has been a bit of a roller coaster so far. Monday was total hell. It was a joke if you ask me. Everyone around me was in a piss-poor mood; thus, I was as a result. My staff, customers, everyone just seemed to be "off" yesterday. It sucked out loud. I don't think I could blame it on one single thing, it was just a combination of BS that ruined my day.

Tuesday (today) on the other hand was so much better. I couldn't bare two awful days in a row anyhow. My morning started off well, and I got LB Productions off and running in time for my departure at lunch. I had a good time visiting with my friend Amy Johnson at lunch, and it was an overall better mood for the day.

This afternoon I was at the Extension Office filling in for the vacationing Marsha. I've been doing this for about 7 years now. I remember when I first started working down there I didn't have an office, employees, or nearly the "ball and chain" that my business is now and I was free to take off when I wanted. Oh, the "good 'ol days." Not really though, I was living in a hole in the wall and didn't have hardly anything to call my own then. Those were the days when I was praying they'd call me up to work -- because I needed the money, to pay bills! Obviously, at this point in time it makes more sense to work at my own business as the return is much better -- but I'm not shutting the door completely at Extension. In fact, I work down there whenever I can fit it into my schedule. This stint will last two weeks (through May 4th). So I'll be splitting the time at my business and down there. I just realized when typing this is that I refer to it as "down there." It's in Enterprise in case you didn't know -- which is lower in elevation than Joseph.

Helping out there is almost like a vacation for me, though, as I do not have the responsibilities... (which could take me into a whole different topic of running one's own business). Oh the stress! But the good part is I have places like the Extension Office to clear my mind (and fill it with other stuff that John and staff give me).

I appreciate the opportunities that have been given to me past and present, and do not let them go easily.

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS