Friday, August 29, 2008

<<< DEVELOPING NEWS >>>

ADMITTED BACK INTO OHSU

I wish I had better news to report, but I don't. The wound from my biopsy went from bad to worse on Wednesday. After a doctor in Stayton took a look at it, he told me to get back up to OHSU immediately. Thus, this is what I did, and I was admitted back into the hospital for a type of cellulitis infection, if not more. The report back from the culture they took should be in soon to determine what bacteria started this all. What I can say is that it came from the very hospital where I had the surgery -- go figure!

Again, this is a surgery I didn't even need had the P.E.T. scan been taken before to determine the lymph node was not metastasized. Now I cannot move forward with anything until the infection is gone. Right now, I am under some pretty powerful antibiotics to rid me of this nasty infection in my left groin.

What's worse: the sutures did not hold, and they had to completely take out any of the stitches they put in originally, and pack the wound from the bottom up. I now have a big hole in my leg! It will take some time to heal all up.

CHEMOTHERAPY LIKELY TO HAPPEN SOON

Not a big fan of chemo, but with the pain I've been lately, I'll take it at this point. This afternoon my doc stopped by my hospital room here at OHSU and told me the three treatment regimens he is tossing around right now, they range from fairly light to a more intense round of drugs. The lymph nodes in the back of my abdomen have only gotten more significant and more painful in the last few days... making it more of a reality that I have T-Cell Lymphoma.

I will keep you posted on this developing front as my treatment for the infection winds down. I should be out of the hospital this weekend.

I know life isn't fair, but a guy has to start wondering when he's going to get a break?

-LB

2 comments:

Our son Kade said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Levi. Mom and I were talking about you yesterday I think, and talking about the first time we met you. I came home from school and said that there was a kid in my class named Levi 501. Mom was like, um, that must not be his name, I'm sure 501 isn't his last name, but I said , no no, his name is Levi 501! I was very adamant that that was your name. :) So, Levi 501 - I hope your infection goes away quickly, and they can get you fixed up and mended soon! still wishing you all our best. Carper/Clark family. :)

A.S.K.-P. said...

I often wonder the same thing for you Levi. When is all of this gonna stop?! I'm sorry to hear about this latest round of "garbage". I sure hope the get that damned infection out of you soon.

GB Hugs & Love,
amy

PHOTOS