Monday, September 01, 2008

Still Here

September 2nd is my 28th birthday, and the seventh day I will be at OHSU Hospital. I want to be discharged so bad it's not even funny. I feel like I've almost forgotten what daily life feels like.

I do understand the dangers of being released too early. I have two very serious bacterium in my system that the IV antibiotics have finally finished off. But the thought of coming back to spend another week or two in this place doesn't seem appealing at all. So I'm going to go when I am told I can go. That day is hopefully my birthday.

Before I can even start chemo, I have to have significant healing of my wound created from the biopsy I had a couple weeks ago. That could take at least a month or two. The wound is nearly a foot deep. The abnormally enlarged lymph node was sitting around one of the major nerves on my thigh -- it did not feel pleasant at all. What's worse is that I have several of them in my pelvic region, and God knows what they are touching, as they are causing me tremendous pain.

I'm also not likely to return to work on a regular basis anytime soon. Normal life as I know it will take sometime to return--but this year has been anything but normal.

-LB

P.S. Thank you SO much for coming to see me during my hospital stay Melissa, Kelly, and Zeke! And of course my parents who were here several days of my stay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LEVI, I NEED YOU TO CONTACT ME ASAP.
LIGHTHOUSE@EONI.COM

Kelly said...

So, did you color me any great pictures while you had nothing better to do? And by the way, where is my blog update for my blog? You were supposed to write that about a month ago. Come on Levi, you are slackin' on me :)

I've been thinking about you and want you to know that you just need to name the day, and as long as I am not booked, you can come for dinner... we will need to discuss that though.

Football season starts tonight, If you show up, I will be in the consession stand and I will buy you a Gatorade... Stephanie might even organize a cheer for you.

Take care buddy, I will see you soon

PHOTOS