Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chemo Starting Soon

Hello everyone! I am writing because after a long wait, I will finally start treatments this week. I am actually strangely excited to start because it means a new fresh start. The lymph nodes in my pelvic region have been causing me pain for sometime, and the thought of shrinking them back to normal is a relief. I received my schedule Monday after visiting with my new Salem Oncologist Dr. Strother. He is working with my OHSU oncologist on my treatment plan.

I would also like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers over these past few weeks. It seems as if I have an entire network of 'prayer,' which I know has helped immensely.

Not to worry, I will keep everyone posted here on how I handle my first treatment. Naturally, I plan to be off Thursday and Friday of this week to undergo the treatment and rest following it.

Going through this a third time in my life gives me new perspective, as I know there are others out there who have endured the same if not worse than I, and I am just thankful for the fact that I have a fighting chance for my friends and family!

-LB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELP ST. JUDE BY CREATING A PEPPER AT CHILI'S TO FIGHT CHILDHOOD CANCER!!!!



St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Chili’s Grill & Bar® announced the kick-off of their fifth annual Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer campaign. Now through September 30, Chili’s restaurants around the country and, for the first time, in Puerto Rico, are marking National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month by inviting people to get creative and raise funds to help St. Jude find cures and save children with cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases.
Guests at participating Chili’s restaurants can contribute to St. Jude in multiple ways:

- Make a donation to St. Jude and receive a Create-A-Pepper chili pepper coloring sheet designed for display at restaurants during the month.

- Purchase Create-A-Pepper T-shirts that can be customized with permanent marker.

- Buy a customized Create-A-Pepper key that can be cut for use at home or the office.

- Eat at Chili’s on Monday, Sept. 29, when Chili’s will donate 100 percent of profits from participating restaurant sales to St. Jude.

Visit www.createapepper.com and to make an online donation.

PASS IT AROUND!!!!

GET YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY TOGETHER!!! TRUST ME ITS SUCH AN AMAZING CAUSE :)

CONTACT ME AT WWW.MYSPACE.COM/CINDY9584

Anonymous said...

Levi,

Thinking of you, praying for a healthy recovery and strength through your upcoming treatments.

PHOTOS