Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm Out - FINALLY!

September 2nd, 2008 -- my 28th birthday, and I'm finally discharged from OHSU hospital... FINALLY!

What's next? A lot of wound care -- I'll be going to a place here in Salem for quite sometime having my wound packed and dressed to see that it heals properly. I will also be downing a lot of oral antibiotics to keep myself from getting infected... because my leg is just a breeding ground for bacteria at this point -- YUCK!

My girlfriend Carrie returned from Disney World today as well. It was nice to have things get a little bit back to normal. We missed each other and wished the circumstances wouldn't have worked out this way. Nonetheless, at least it's water under the bridge now and we are together again.

In addition, I had planned on making a visit back home to Joseph, but because of my hospital stay it's likely to be Thanksgiving at this point. I'm out of sick leave and vacation time at work. I'll be using disability leave from work here on out. I hope to return intermittently sometime in the near future as chemo starts soon.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, prayers, and good thoughts while I was out of commission. Even so, I'll be healing, resting, and off the radar for quite some time ahead, it's still nice to know how many of you care. A special thanks to my friend Melissa Newhouse for arriving at my beckon-call this morning when I was released. It was a way cool favor to do on one's not so hot b-day.

-LB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Levi,
I know your busy trying to re-coup. Any chance you can please send me the disk for my MS office today? Please get back to me.
Thx.
A. Jackson
lighthouse@eoni.com

Anonymous said...

hi my name is patrick

i am from uganda africa and my friend in states have just sent me something about you and i just want you to know that we are praying for yo. me and my children in the home are praying hardly for you and we know God will heal you

we love you
please let me know if you get this comment
email me on: patrickhelvorsen@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

LEVI,
I NEED TO HEAR FROM U!
CALL ME/EMAIL ME TODAY!
THANKS.
LIGHTHOUSE@EONI.COM
541.426.5904

Anonymous said...

Hey Levi!

I know I'm a bit late with this- but I just wanted to wish you all the best for your recovery!!!!! I just read through your blog and the news hit me like a slap in the face...I'm so sorry that you have to go through this again and I really hope that you'll feel better soon!

So ya..just wanted to say that I'm still thinking of you and that I really hope that you'll get this over with soon !!! hug and all my best thoughts and hopes, isi

PHOTOS