Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's True

Last Friday, my suspicions were confirmed by my oncologist, I have lymphoma in my left groin. The CT confirmed it, the oncologist confirmed it, an ultrasound confirmed it, and now the lymph node will be removed this Friday in surgery.

People ask if I am scared, and my answer is "hell yeah I am scared!" Though I might be scared about going through this yet again, I am not scared that I can't pull through it. I know I have enough family, friends, and prayer going around that I will make it out of this one more time.

I'd by lying to you if I didn't tell you it made me sick to have cancer for the third time in my life. It makes me even more sick that I had it less than a year ago. I keep telling myself: I HAVE HAD BETTER REACHED MY CANCER QUOTA!

I remind myself that there are people much worse off, and people not as lucky. Knowing that, and knowing how many people out there care about me are the reason I'm going to fight another time.

The folks at ODOT are the ones who amaze me the most. They have pulled together like a family for me. My managers and coworkers are genuinely concerned for me. I have been at my new position for only a week and my new coworkers haven't gotten to know me quite yet; however, the ones at my previous position do -- and it's obvious they haven't forgotten me!

My parents will be down Thursday to be with me. Carrie will be with me as well. I am thankful for all of you who will be with me there in spirit. I could say that I'm a very unlucky guy, but I know that is really not the case.

-LB

2 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

I am sorry you have to go through this AGAIN Levi! This SUCKS! I feel for you bud. Know that I will be there with you in spirit.

GB Hugs!

Our son Kade said...

Man this stinks! What a bummer. . . We'll be thinking of you. Mom and dad wish you their best too. Good luck. Alicia

PHOTOS