Thursday, October 04, 2007

Radiation Consult

Made it to Portland safe and sound! My sis and I are staying at the Wilsonville Holiday Inn and having a blast so far. It was yet another long trip to the Willamette Valley, as I have been coming down about once a week. I just thought I'd check in and let you know I have a consultation with the radiation department at OHSU tomorrow (Friday) where I will find out when I start treatment. It is likely it will happen right around the first of the week.

I also received a call from Dr. Simpson regarding my biopsy today. It was indeed officially declared to be T-Cell Lymphoma. It came as no surprise to anyone including myself because the first biopsy was evident of this. The radiation is going to be necessary to kill this, but should be "no big deal" in my eyes. In 2-3 weeks the whole ordeal will most likely be behind me. This I am happy for! Additionally, I received the results of the CT scan today which totally showed up clear, again I was filled with happiness!

The drive down was a bit interesting with my sister driving my Envoy. She almost sideswiped a Lincoln, and then almost flipped the car doing a U-turn on some slick railroad tracks. I am mostly joking of course, but I was having fun giving her a bad time about her driving!

For some of you, this is probably a mystery on why you are receiving an email with my blog entry -- this is a result of adding a boatload of new emails to my address list. I figured this probably was a good idea with me leaving Wallowa County and wanting to keep my friends up to date with the 'goings on.' If you just think my life is too boring to hear about it, then I say "FINE" and you can send an email to webmaster@lbsites.com letting me know if your choosing to 'opt-out.' Seriously, though, I will not have any hard feelings. If you're reading this on my website and would like to start receiving my blog in your email box each time I do an entry, please send me an email (to the address above) letting me know if your interest in my life.

I will be looking for a place to live in Salem this weekend, I am very excited to find a house! I also found out I get a week reprieve from starting. My start date has been pushed out to October 29th, which gives me plenty of breathing room for the move and to give my goodbyes to Wallowa County.

-LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, really.

PHOTOS