Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fact or Fiction?

Hello folks! It's me again reporting from the west side of the state, or as some people describe it "the wet side." I'm still not totally convinced... but I will say it rained pretty good today, and I imagine it was a lot dryer on the east side. I suspect some of my friends will report back and let me know.

So, I'd like to address some rumors floating around in my hometown of Joseph. Since it's such a small town, it's fairly easy for a rumor to get back to a person... and guess what... I've heard things! The first one is this: "Levi has sold out of his business because he could no longer afford it due to staggering medical bills he is facing" Fact or fiction? Well, if you know me, you are probably already laughing... it's FICTION! However, this is the fact: I've been looking to live in the Willamette Valley now for 5+ years. My friends and family know this. Even some of my more frequent customers knew I was "shopping" for a new life. This summer I became very serious about it, and started looking for a job. I found one with the Oregon Department of Transportation... a darn good one too! I am their new technology coordinator. Plus, I have pretty decent insurance and it's covering 80+% of my medical bills. Not that it's still not going to be a lot of money, but why would I shut down the only thing that was making me money? = MY BUSINESS!? Duuuuh people!!!

Fact: I've been very burnt out on my business for at least the past 18 months... Fiction: Wal-Mart's new agreement with Dell to sell their computers has hurt my business. Fact: Business actually got better with their ads appearing everywhere. People in Wallowa County knew that they weren't going to get the service from Wal-Mart that they would from LB Productions. Fiction: I got out of my business because I was almost "pushing up daisies." Fact: Though, I've had some recent health problems, none of them have affected my daily life to a great extent. I have lymphoma on my right foot, and it's being taken care of with radiation. Yeah, sometimes I have trouble walking, and I am in pain (less now that radiation has started), but from my shin up I'm in good shape (well not fit, but at least healthy)! The biggest whopper of them all: I've been seeing older women around town... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! The two ladies you know of, are two good friends... that is it. Ask them! Fact: One of the reasons I actually moved to this area is so I could meet people my age and perhaps start a relationship... because as we all know it -- Joseph doesn't have much to offer in that department. So now that I've settled these small town rumors, could we just all move on with our lives already? Since I have left town, I suppose the gossips of Joseph will have to look for someone else to talk about, DARN! :-)

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS