Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Radiation Begins


That's right, it finally happened. Today, Tuesday I officially started radiation, and it couldn't have happened a moment sooner. It was originally supposed to start last Thursday, but for some reason it got pushed out to this Thursday, then they decided to have it start yesterday, only to cancel it again and have it start today.

It didn't happen easily today either, oh no... my mom and I were left sitting in an exam room for some two hours before I got to actually go under the "rays." The exam room was hot and stuffy, not to mention I hadn't taken any pain medication all day, so I felt terrible. But once they got me in I was relieved... and I didn't feel a thing. It amazes me how something this powerful doesn't even hurt.

The docs think I might even start seeing results by the weekend. If that's the case, I will be impressed!

In other news... I was able to move most of my personal stuff out of my house this past weekend, leaving behind only what I want the future renters to use or see.

My trip to Joseph this last Friday was an interesting one! I found myself d0zing off at the wheel on the freeway! I recall being in the right lane, and then hearing a loud buzzing, which turned out to be the rumble strip on the left shoulder. I had nearly crossed the entire freeway heading towards to median. It was at this point (near Hermiston) I decided I was tempting fate, and I had better get a motel room and catch up on some rest. Usually, even when I am tired I can handle driving from Salem to Joseph without issue, but with these meds, it's a completely different story.

Made it back safe and sound to Salem with my mom driving the majority of the way (except in the metro areas where she is a bit timid). Nevertheless, it was very helpful not having to drive the bulk of the trip. We were greeted with some beautiful weather. It's hopefully going to be a nice peaceful week before I start my new career on Monday.

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS