Thursday, October 18, 2007

I Forgot

While I was planning on leaving Thursday to head home to Joseph to tie up some loose ends, I was unexpectedly greeted with a message from Dr. Simpson's office reminding me of my Friday appointment at OHSU Dermatology -- OOOPS! So I will be hanging out in Salem for another couple of days. I say oh well, because I really do enjoy it down here. It is already feeling like home I have to say and I've been seeing my friends down here more often than normal. That's about obvious, as they are about 300 miles closer.

People say the west side is known as the "wet side." They are right, I have noticed it is not afraid to rain here. But what I don't think people get is that once it rains here, it tends to clear right out. That's what it did today, as soon as it was done raining the sun came out. I know a lot of times in the Wallowa Valley the storms would hang in by the mountains for days. I think though it might rain here more, as far as total cloudy and gloomy days go, Salem and Joseph might be a lot closer than you think. Speaking of storms, I hear of a real hell of a storm that is supposed to come in later tonight and into tomorrow. The winds are supposed to reach 75 mph on the coast, 40 mph here in the valley, and 50 mph on the east side of the state.

Today was fairly uneventful, but still productive. I got a microwave and a toaster oven at the Wal-Mart. Other than that, I stayed fairly close to home and began work on some websites that have been on the back burner for a while. The main thing is that I am consolidating all the sites onto the same server. I have a buddy of mine down here in Portland who has his own hosting company and they (including lbsites) are going there.

Well I am tired, this medication has been doing me in as far as energy goes. I can't wait to have my normal life back following next week's scheduled radiation.

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS