Friday, March 16, 2007

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS LEVI? Day 4

The home of the Fighting Irish. Any guesses? Com'on, if you don't know by now you should...

That's right Notre Dame! I am in South Bend, Indiana home to the famous Notre Dame campus. We made it in just a scosh under 9 hours from Omaha Nebraska this morning. What a long drive. We were at the border of Nebraska, so that state was about finished, but we spent most of the day in Iowa. What a boring state, though not as boring as I thought it would be. Surprisingly, Iowa was a lot more "hilly" than I thought it would be. It even kind of reminded me of the Palouse country near Pullman, Washington. There were trees and plenty of farming. Later in the day we entered Illinois, which is as far east as I've ever been (excluding Florida in 2005). I saw the mighty Mississippi (though the Columbia gives it a good run for it's money).

Finally, we hit "toll road land" where it cost us everytime we got onto a new road. We stayed on I-80, but managed to get charged $2.00 for traveling it. Thank you Illinois and Indiana!

It will be nice to have a break after all this traveling. Tomorrow we are going to visit an Irish Pub (on St. Patrick's day - how fitting) and visit the Notre Dame campus.

Here are some pics from the day:

Crossing the Illinois River
Driving in Illinois... lots of traffic - this is near Chicago.
Christian having a blast driving

Well folks, I am nearly at the end of my journey. I couple more fun days ahead and then I will be on a flight back to Oregon. I will fall out of internet-range Sunday and Monday, but certainly will have an update for you by Tuesday night. I will most likely give you one last update tomorrow night as well before entering Steubenville.

-LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Levi Iwas cruising the the web and recodnized your face. My name is Brian Van Essen I think we were in the same class not sure i went to jo high for my senior year.Hey I just want to say Im happy for you yur family and friends that you beat the cancer. you are right life is so short and such a gift . Its good to see you following your dreams and capturing moments in time and sharing them . my e maill is bvanfishin@yahoo take care

PHOTOS