Sunday, January 21, 2007

~ Top Ten of 2006 ~

It's that time again... the 'big list' is out, and I'm finally happy to afford the chance to share it with you. Each year, since 1999, I've been doing a 'top ten' of the year. Some people have appeared on the list many years in a row. That doesn't happen all that often, simply because this list is different. Nearly every week I do a 'top ten.' This yearly list is somewhat meaningful compared to the other one. It highlights the appreciation I have for those I met or know very well during the year. This time you'll see a few familiar faces, as well as many new ones. So with that being said, lets get this started.

.10
Melissa Newhouse

She appears like she's the 'girl next door,' but when you really get to know Melissa Newhouse, you find out she's much more than that.

I got to know her a lot better this past year. Her and my friend Kyle Hook are in a serious relationship. I have even told Kyle that I would be devastated if anything were to happen between them!

Melissa is one of those people who you can instantly become friends with. I know it didn't take long for me to.

She is also a lot of fun -- she has become a 'regular' out on my boat in the summer. You have probably already saw the numerous pictures of her and Kyle hanging out in my photo collection.

Melissa is very down to earth, at the same time she has a sense of class and style all her own. It's that combination that makes her on a totally different level of 'cool.'

I hope Melissa has enjoyed getting to know me as I have getting to know her. Melissa, thanks for being so damn cool and for putting up with Kyle's shit.

.9
Jay Watts

I was just telling someone the other day that there is only one person who thinks the same way I do. This person is Jay Watts. Since he began working for me about three years ago, he has absorbed everything like a sponge. Don't get me wrong, Jay and I are not totally alike. Jay has a far more athletic ability about him, including his amazing ability to wakeboard. We do, however, think alike on the job. He has a brain for computers and technology and has left me in the dust on more than one occasion. If I were to ever have someone 'take over' my business it would be Jay. He knows his stuff.

Jay is also a great friend. Though my biggest complaint is I hardly ever get to see him anymore since he has a girlfriend. I am happy for him though! Hopefully in the future I will be able to get to hang out with him more. Even our mutual friends miss seeing him around.

Jay, you're the man! I feel privileged to know you so well.

.8
Kyle Bollman

I got to know Kyle (Bollman) a lot better this year. This was in part to him being my roommate for a while. He was my first roommate since college, but I was happy to have him around. I think our friendship only grew stronger in the time he lived with me. I think it speaks volumes that we did not get into any huge fights during his tenure as my roommate.

I was sorry to see Kyle go when he moved to Oklahoma. He too has a girlfriend and seems very happy now living with her there. I wish the best for my friend, but hope that he knows he is missed.

This guy has a personality that is unique on so many levels. He can make you laugh with his borderline sick and disgusting antics.

Kyle, thanks for making me laugh and for just being around this summer. Hope to see you soon pal!
.7
Cynthia Hilden
65 going on 28, that would be my dear friend Cynthia Hilden. I don't think I could have chosen a more appropriate picture of her. This was when she went parasailing this past summer. It looked like so much fun, I decided to do it as well.

I think we all have something to learn from Cynthia. After just recently finalizing a divorce, Cynthia has been plucked out of her daily life and routine -- forced to be in a position almost starting over. But her spirit is still very much alive. This woman is full of spunk and she tells it how it is. That is what I like most about Cynthia, is her honesty.

Cynthia will be the first to tell you that it was her friends that kept her afloat during this hard time, but we equally be as thankful to have her friendship.

People like Cynthia have kept diversity in my life. I really look forward to getting to know her even better in 07.

Cynthia thanks for being full of life, even when you didn't have to.

.6
Alyse Fischer

What a neat person... what can I say? She's probably too nice sometimes. Beautiful on the outside and the inside -- that is what I can say about Alyse Fischer. She's quickly becoming one of my good friends.

I got to know her because of my good buddy Sterling Shetler. They are a pretty close couple these days and I am so glad these two great people are with each other.

From her really goofy to serious personality, and her trademark "snort" while she laughs, Alyse is a really, really fun person to be around.

Alyse, thanks for all the great times we had in '06, I look forward to a fun 2007. Oh, and PS thanks for the cakes you made for me!

.5
Chris Gamboa


You only find a friend like this once in a lifetime. You have to love Chris Gamboa.

She is my best 'gal pal' I have. I thank her for being so cool.

Chris and I became good friends just last year, but this year has proven our friendship is meant to last.

We have had a great time this past year... from having dinner together to going to the Oregon coast. It has been an absolute joy hanging out with her.

She and I have talked on the phone for hours at a time -- something I normally can't do... but she always has plenty energy in her. Chris is one of those people that will either go 0 or 160mph. I guess that is what I love about her (at least when she's going 160). She cares so deeply about her family and friends and will do almost anything for them.

Chris I hope you stay healthy and I look forward to a great 2007 with you in my life.

.4
Christian Ambroson

My best buddy, Christian Ambroson is no stranger to this list. He has been on this list for several years in a row now. This year is no different. I always have a good time when Christian (Farva, Vern, whatever you want to call him) is in my presence.

He is a very special guy -- he is a friend who will always be there for you.

I miss the fact that I can't hang out with him all the time anymore. The goofball decided to go back (that's right, go back) to the University of Steubenville in Ohio. Though, I can't say I blame him because LCSC was the other option.

Christian is one of the few people on the face of the earth that can peer pressure me into things. Most of the time its for fun of course. But that is probably what I enjoy about him the most. He is a random, down to earth, very cool guy.

He too also spends a lot of time out on my boat during the summer, so that is when we get to hang out the most.

He is one of the few people out there that supports me in my choice to one day move out of Wallowa County in the Persuit of Happiness (Persuit of Happyness was a good movie).

Christian, buddy... your a life long pal and I can't wait until you come back for the summer.
.3
Kyle Hook

One of my very best friends - Kyle Hook. He made a hell of a comeback. As you probably know (and if you do, scroll down), Kyle and I weren't always friends. At one point I couldn't stand the guy. Well, I finally came around and so did he. We are pretty good pals now. In fact, for the past three or four years we have been really good friends.

I really do like hanging out with Kyle -- he always has something interesting on his mind as well as lots of energy.

I'll never forget the day I got to go out to a place called 'Hayden' and see first hand that this guy loves the outdoors. That is the day I got addicted to Dane Cook forever...!

Kyle's girlfriend Melissa (#10) is also an added bonus, I really enjoy them both. Thanks to Kyle I have her as a friend too. Even when they bicker they are entertaining!

Kyle, thanks for being a true pal -- I look forward to May when we get to watch Lost!


.2
Sterling Shetler

We've been friends for a long time, but we are probably closer now than ever. Sterling is definitely in the top tier of my best friends. Unlike the majority of my friends, I do get to hang out with Sterling on a regular basis. This past year, I've appreciated his friendship more than ever.

He's not afraid to be his true self. I have never met anymore more honest (except maybe Cynthia Hilden). Sterling is going to tell you how it is, and he either likes you or he doesn't.

He is one of those people where I can sit down and have a conversation and lose track of time. He might be the king of BSing, but he also knows how to have a serious conversation.

Thanks for being my pal Sterling! I know if you don't see this, your girlfriend will and she'll tell you how much I appreciate you!

.1
Keithanne Boevé

People who know me really well may not be surprised at 2006's #1 person. Keithanne Boevé, I don't even know where to start...

I guess I'll first start by saying she wins the award for best employee ever! But it's not the fact that she's a great employee, it's the fact that she's a great friend.

When she is working for me at LB Productions, she has a hard time distiguishing between the two. It is both a good thing and bad thing. The good out of it is that she cares so deeply about the business that she will take care of you no matter what, the bad is that she forgets to take care of herself.

But I hope I have helped her do that, at least in part. I love this woman dearly. She has kept me afloat on more than one level, and has been a key reason on why my business is doing so well.

Keithanne over the past couple of years has become a member of my family. She treats me like family as she does with the rest of her close friends.

I enjoy her company during and after work. Whether we're having a "Grey's Anatomy" party, or hard at work, I appreciate Keithanne on every level.

She is truley an asset in my life, and I would be lost in many areas without her.

Keithanne, this is for you, thank you for keeping me in check and for caring so much! I only hope that I'm keeping you as happy as you are me.

--------------

I look forward to being with you all in 2007!

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS