Monday, November 26, 2007

My Friends

I received a text message this morning from a friend of a friend. I thought I might clarify some things in another post.

My friends are my lifeline. Especially when I have moved to a new area, I have found myself leaning on them more than ever... even more so now that I've been battling cancer once again. The friends I mentioned, went far above the call of duty and helped me out. I in no way wanted to discount them by mentioning the help I got from my folks. I understand, a friend can only do so much... and actually what I meant to say is they did so much. I wouldn't have known what to do with myself if it wasn't for them.

I have to say, in the past my friends have been as helpful as parents and close relatives. I consider my friends my family.

I also want everyone to know, I have been speaking of my illness a lot lately. It inevitably has been in most of my conversations. Those who know me, know it's not in my character to talk so much about myself. I suppose I've been left with no choice, because it's what I see everyday when I wake up, but the truth is, in a normal state -- I'm a selfless person 364 days a year. Those who know me, know that. So, please know that I'm not trying to bury you in the details of my battle with cancer, it just has unfortunately been at the forefront of my life now. And once it's gone, I know my friends, family, and acquaintances will be getting a lot more of the regular 'me' once again.

One more thing, I've had cancer before, and unlike before, this time I was not scared...

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS