Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Victory.


After a long dispute with my former landlords, I have come out victorious.

It all started last September when I bought a house and moved out of a rental I was living in. The landlords decided to keep all but a very small portion of my $600.00 deposit. After lots of communication in the form of verbal and written, the landlords disagreed with me. Wallowa Mountain Properties managed the rental, and disputed they were at fault for taking my deposit. In the end, however, after a court hearing, the judge went in favor of me, the plaintiff, and I was awarded a generous chuck of my deposit back, plus court fees.

It seems landlords often take deposits. Whether they are doing the right thing or not, that apparently is something for the court to decide.

I know I felt in my heart I was in the right, I spoke my story; and I now feel vindicated!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wahoo! Good for you, Levi. I was wondering how that was going!

PHOTOS