Monday, February 13, 2006

2004 News

12/3/04

What a hectic week it has been! Just as a have gotten a couple large web projects out of the way, I've had a furry of internet and computer-related problems this week. Mostly it's the internet -- I am starting to get fed up with my internet options in this county, but what is a person to do? There is a telecommunications committee in this community that is working towards a goal of high-speed internet. This is a good thing, however, I feel in the middle somewhere not knowing if anyone is even going to invest the money here because of our population base, at the same time I wonder how life would improve with the accessibility of high-speed internet.

Well, I'm looking forward to some snow. It's been cold lately, real cold, and I'd like to see some actual snow accumulation if it is going to remain this frigid.

Had a great Thanksgiving (and no I'm not just saying that). It was good spending time with my family, including aunt, uncle, and cousin.


11/22/04

I feel like I'm beginning to get caught up. But I better not jinx myself. It seems like everytime I've said that in the past 18 months or so an avalanche of new business has come my way. I cannot complain about the success of my business, however, because of the revenue it is generating. I think it's great I can keep so busy in such a small community which is traditionally economically depressed during the winter months. I do consider myself fortunate.

Looking forward to the Thanksgiving Holiday this week as I will get to take some time away from my business to spend having fun enjoying friends and family.


11/14/04

Things are finally starting to move along at my new office in Joseph. For the past few weeks I've been unpacking and trying to run my business at the same time. Now that most of that is behind me, it looks as if things should run more smoothly from here on out.

Worked at the Extension office a couple days last week and had a somewhat relaxing weekend. We'll see what is in store for this coming week!

My friend Kyle Bollman still continues to amaze me with his newly found hobby of website creation. He's been building his own for the past few weeks after only a few suggestions and pointers from me. I keep looking to see what is new. Check out his new page at: kyle.lbsites.com!


11/10/04

I'm all settled into my new office in Joseph. It's nice having a personal life again and being more productive in my work place. Although it's more overhead than I originally wanted, it's probably going to pay me back.

Going to the valley this weekend to watch my sister barrel race and see my friend Heather. I will return to Wallowa County on Tuesday, November 9th.

Inspiration: My friend Kyle Bollman took off like a maniac once I gave him a few pointers on web page creation. Check out his new page at: kyle.lbsites.com!


10/25/04

Wow, what a rollercoaster! I have been busier than hell these past couple of weeks. The first of the major changes was the moving of LB Productions to a new main street location. After receiving some heat from landlords and making some personal descions I decided to open a office in downtown Joseph. It's a big step for me, but definitly warranted as my business was outgrowing my home.

The final league game for JHS Football is in Halfway this Friday. I am hopeful the team will make it to state playoffs. I will be filming this Friday and any future games they might have.


10/11/04

With the exception of going to La Grande, I have remained home here in the county for a couple weeks now. I am almost amazed at myself. I've been working a lot at the Extension Office lately, it has been okay. I have also taped some football games here at home.

On the business front I am 'revamping' my office with some new furniture. So when I'm not working on websites, computers, or videos I have been putting new furniture together... it has been grand!


10/5/04

I'm back again. Yes, after two whirlwind trips to Western and Southern Oregon I am back in Wallowa County for the time being. Seems as if I am getting more and more addicted to spending time over in Salem with my friends. I also delievered some DELL computers last week. It seems as if my business is growing too.

I have been keeping business strong since my return to the county. I had a pretty good-sized sale to the county this past week, I was pleased.

The coming weeks bring a lot less travel, but still a lot of trips out of the county.

In addition, when I did a service call in Grants Pass I was offered a house with a deal I couldn't refuse. I will be moving to a new location in Joseph at month's end. The thought of moving again makes me sick, but the deal makes it worth it.


9/20/04

I have returned from Western Oregon where I filmed for Joseph's football team in Crow (near Eugene) this past weekend. I got to see my friend Heather for a couple days as well, so it was almost a little vacation for me. I returned on Monday where I found out I would be basically turning around and going back in a week or two. I was supposed to do a service call on a computer in Grants Pass, but that didn't work out this time around -- I will be heading back soon to take care of that as well as deliever some DELL computers.

Working at the Extension Office all week, then going to Imbler to film on Friday. I might be heading towards the Willamette Valley as soon as Friday.


9/14/04

Going to Crow, Oregon this weekend to film Joseph's latest football game. It should be an interesting one. Also Tuesday night we found out the suspended players' appeal was upheld by the school board. Sometimes we can be followers and sometimes we can be leaders and stand up for what we believe in. I say keep fighting guys!

Working at the extension office Thursday afternoon and most of next week. My staff (Zeke and Jay) will be covering my office while I'm down there.

I am getting a lot of feedback lately about my plans to move to the west side of the state. People are telling they will strangle me if I leave Wallowa County. I am fairly certain I will be moving next fall, but haven't finalized anything yet.


9/7/04

Hey there, I am back with another update. I have been keeping busy as you might tell due to the lack of my updates. Selling a lot of computers lately, and have had barely anytime to myself or to hang out with my friends.

Filming football again this year. I will be in Cambridge, Idaho this Friday to film Joseph football. Last Friday I was in Prairie City, and next week it'll be in Crow, all the way down by Eugene. It's almost going to be a mini-vacation as I plan to spend a few days out of the county.


8/5/04

Okay, so I kind of fell a little short on my last promise... but here's another update!

It's fair week, and I am working down at the county fair, again putting together the sale plaquards (the posters that go to the buyers). This is an annual tradition for LB Productions.

Going on vacation next week. This is my first vacation in sometime, but I have made my calendar clear several months in advance for this. I will be traveling to Western Oregon and the coast. I am so excited!


7/26/04

Wow, it only took... what? Two weeks for me to update my site? What is going on you may ask? Well I have been just too insanely busy to get to my site. But never fear, I make time, even when it's not available.

The big weekend is finally over. I am of course am talking about Chief Joseph Days here in Joseph, Oregon. I am very thankful it's said and done. I don't really dig the drunken fest which happens here every "last full weekend in July." In fact, I did my best to avoid it. Thursday I was in the Tri Cities and Friday I went out to La Grande to watch the Bourne Supremacy (good movie by the way). Saturday I broke down and watched the rodeo (which wasn't the best in most recent years). It's becoming the same thing year after year. Nevertheless it's part of Chief Joseph Days. In addition to those activities I was out on my boat virtually everyday in the past week or so. I have been having a blast out in the sun with my friends. I am somewhat sunburned from the non-stop boating, but should heal in the next week or so.

This week will prove to be a busy one for my business LB Productions. Recently we hit $75,000 worth of sales with DELL computer. It's a proud accomplishment. I am also working on several other projects in addition to the ever growing amount of service calls I'm on.

Well, that's all for now. I promise for a more frequent update next time!


7/10/04

Had a great weekend, but there was a lot of work involved. A busy week ended with a busy weekend. I filmed the Zuercher-Mackin wedding at the state park at Wallowa Lake. It was a pretty good wedding. Saturday night on my way home I hit an owl! Is that supposed to be bad luck?

Working at the Extension Office on Friday, July 16th. This next week promises to be as busy as the last. Plenty of new projects on the horizion.


7/4/04

Had a great 4th of July weekend! Now it's back to work this week at LB Productions. Lots of orders and web work.

Check out some of my 4th of July weekend in my latest addition to my photo gallery!


6/24/04

Worked at the OSU Extension Service last Friday. This past weekend I enjoyed some much needed R&R on my boat out on the lake. My friends Jay Watts, Kyle Hook, and my sister have been going out on the lake almost every day this week in the evenings.

My article finally got in the local paper. It's pretty cool, I am very impressed with the work Elane Dickenson has done. Check it out!


6/13/04

It has been a busy few weeks, but finally things are starting to slow down to just a steady chaos. My business is more busy than ever, but finally I think I have things under control. Last week I hired someone on to help keep my sanity. Selling DELL computers like mad, working on websites, and plenty of computer repairs to keep me busy for weeks.

What do you think? My totally redesigned website. I spent a better part of two weeks getting to this stage. I think a new look every once in a while is necessary. You'll find this new site easier to get around, and a whole lot easier to look at.

There is also a new section, the "news blog," courtesty of Erin Melville. You will be able to view the back log of all my news from now on!


6/1/04

It's done! That's right the Joseph Senior Video was a big success again this year. I am so relieved to be done with it now. I will most likely be making several copies in the weeks to come. I will also be working on Enterprise's graduation ceremony I taped a couple weeks ago. I have many, many copies to produce of that. However, for the most part I am caught up and ready to go after my ongoing web projects once again.

Check it out, all new spring 2004 photo gallery - includes pictures of Joseph's graduation! Go to the photo gallery link to visit the latest batch of photos.

I will be adding a new article to "Levi in the News" next week as the Chieftain has written an article about my business."

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

PHOTOS