Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Engaged

Engaged, that's right engaged. It's a term I've been hearing a lot lately. Most recently, my very own sister, who was proposed to via a text message. Long story short it was actually really cool. Colby, my sister's boyfriend waited until he had cell service, and she did not. When they came back into service, her phone went off... with a text message reading "will you marry me?" My sister (thinking it was a joke) replied "of course," what she didn't realize is that he was serious, and busted out a ring. It was then she knew he was serious and said YES. I thought it was a really cool story. What caught me off guard was the text message I received reading "he asked, I said yes!" I was fairly certain of the subject, but just to be sure I sent a message back saying "what???" Sure enough, I was part of a mass text message my sister had sent out. This was immediately followed by a phone call of me chewing her out for not telling before EVERYONE else in her phone book!

My cousin JP is also engaged to be married next April. I am excited for both of them, also realizing that I am no where near ready for marriage. Nevertheless, I'll still be a cousin, brother, and brother-in-law to a growing family, who I am very proud of.

-LB

1 comment:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Its kind of weird how it seems to happen in groups like that isn't it? All of a sudden I'll hear of a few/bunch of people I know who are engaged, and they always seems to come a few at a time. Must be a cosmic thing. :) Alicia

PHOTOS