Monday, August 06, 2007

The Big Change

Hey folks, I am back again. Still trying to stay on top of things, which includes updating this blog as much as possible.

So, for those of you who don't know -- I am scaling down my business LB Productions. I have had an office in downtown Joseph for three years now. Though great to be out of my house, the overhead and expenses have not been great. I also have dealt with a great deal of stress since being in the office. The interruptions were almost constant, and I felt the quality of my services was declining because I was dealing with so much day-to-day drivel. Several weeks ago, I made the hard, but what I felt to be necessary decision to make the move back to my home. This is where my business started, and this is where my business could end. Not really, I'll always do my business in some shape or form, but it will continue to adapt and modify as time goes on.

So for the first time publicly, I'm going to tell you what has been going on. This has been happening in the shadows for the past several weeks, and as things become more serious, things become more of a reality. I have been perusing opportunities outside of Wallowa County. I have no intention of leaving here, until the absolute right opportunity comes along. I have gone to a couple of interviews now and even landed one of the jobs - which I had to turn down because it didn't offer nearly what I have here in Wallowa County with my own business. It could be 3 months or 3 years before this happens. Wallowa County will always be my home, but I can't turn down bettering myself -- however, with that being said - I'm not going to leave until all angles are reviewed and the opportunity is perfect.

The last couple of weeks have been pretty interesting to say the least. I did get through the dreaded Chief Joseph Days. Though, it was as awful as normal, I did survive yet another year. I've also been going out on the lake quite a bit. It has been fun, except for yesterday when a friend and I got into an argument. Long story short we are still friends, but needed to sort out some issues.

I hope you are caught up now! More later...

-LB

1 comment:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Congratulations at looking into the new opportunities. I hope that you can find the thing you want/need to do to be happy. Its always scary to look at moving or making big changes, but sometimes its just the right time. I hope you can find the right thing, and that moving your business back into your house works out good for you. Good luck! :) Alicia

PHOTOS