Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hannah Graduates

It was a great day for my sister Hannah, as she graduated from Eastern Oregon University with her degree in Business Administration. I know there were times she thought this day would never come... but it finally did. I recall driving through Colorado during my cross-country trip with friend Christian, when I got a phone call from her. She told me the great news that she'd be finished with college very soon and asked "do you think I should walk in the ceremony?" and I replied "hell yes, you've worked this hard, you might as well get recognized!" So she did, and I was proud of her. In a way I have had my regrets on not finishing with a four year degree. I had finished my second year at Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, earning an associate's and certificate in video production. About a year later, I transfered to Oregon State University, where I did not finish a four year business admin degree. So, I am very glad my sister did... and I'm not going to rule out that I might finish one day myself.

I spent most of my Saturday at the graduation party. It was good to hang out and talk to people. Of course, little did I know my face was turning into a tomato. Even right now I am in pain, and even the slightest grin smarts. I must have gotten a combination of sun and wind burn.

I did get to talk with some friends and relatives (including Pat and Terry). I have a very entertaining video of Terry I'm going to post, but won't until I figure out how to properly embed video into the blog -- still learning at this time, but look for it soon!

The rest of the weekend was fairly relaxed, but I did have a ton of company on Sunday. Most of my friends are home from college right now, so my house is hopping.

Back to work this week. It has really been picking up lately. In May, I had a fairly slow month, the slowest in quite some time... but in the last few weeks things have really taken off yet again. It will be an exciting week I am sure. Then I'm filming a wedding on Saturday, so it'll be another work-filled week gone by in a summer that has already started to fly by.

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS