Thursday, June 14, 2007

Post Willamette Valley Trip Blues

I'm back, and I have been for several days now. I miss the Willamette Valley. My friends, the green-ness, the fact that I can go to any store or restaurant after 9pm!

I did have a very good time. I saw my good friends Dylan, Thane, Matt, and Jay. It's been a while since I've seen Jay, so it was good to catch up with him. You'll see some pictures in this blog of him that I (again took with my camera phone). Didn't bust out the real camera like I should have.

Jay has made a life for himself in the urban metropolis of downtown Portland, living with his girlfriend Ellie. They have an apartment, which is very nice and modest in size. It was nice to see him doing well. Dylan and I went mobbing around downtown Portland for the day and managed to meet up with him.

I also saw Thane play unlimited hours of his beloved World of Warcraft. It didn't seem like the kid could leave that thing alone for more than an hour at a time.

Monday night (the last night I was in Aumsville/Salem), I saw Matt. He and I went and more or less 'bar hopped.' We had a great time catching up and having some choice alcoholic beverages. Not a normal activity for me, but it was fun nonetheless.

The place I stayed the entire time was my friend Linda's house where I house-sat. It is a beautiful three story home in the farming country east of Salem. I fall in love with her plasma television every time I visit!

One noteworthy fact is that this trip was an eye-opener again for my life and gave me a great view of my prospects. I'll save those for a later blog entry.

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS