Thursday, February 01, 2007

Today Sucked!

Okay, even being a cancer survivor and 'appreciating every day I have,' even my nerves can be worn down. Boy, were they today!

I woke up (first mistake), went to work at what looked like a pretty casual plate of tasks, well that all changed when the phone started ringing off the hook, people walking in (straight back to me), and everyone wanting everything done yesterday!

I went to lunch (second mistake), and upon my return I got out of my car and slipped on the ice. My knee is now jerked out of shape and both my hands are scraped up. I waddled back in only to find yet more customers wanting stuff done this afternoon. So, then I showed up to my afternoon service call late and that ended up a nightmare because the person's computer quit all together. This all on the heels of me leaving tomorrow for a trip to the Willamette Valley. But guess what? I can't go until much later now until I get the computer problem resolved! Meanwhile, two other customers were having issues and unfortunately on at least one of them only I could take care of it. But thanks to my employees it did go a bit easier upon late afternoon. I can say everyone tried.

The evening was topped off by a snotty comment made by one of my friend's moms. I cannot really disclose any details about who or what happened, but it just wasn't what I needed at the end of the day.

Finally, I came home to Grey's Anatomy and started relaxing. Hopefully in the morning I can get this client's computer not-turning-on-anomaly fixed up in time to dash out of the county for a quick get-away!

For those of you who just read this rant, I am both sorry and thankful that you cared enough to sift through it. I will have better days soon, and I'll report back :)

Take care everyone!

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS