Saturday, February 24, 2007

New Lake Cam

Great news folks! After several delays and a faulty camera, we're back in business with the camera at the lake.

First of all, I owe a huge thanks to Dave G., he's the guy who owns the property where the camera sits. It's thanks to his satellite internet connection and ingenuity that the cam is able to keep going day after day. He was also a huge help in installing the camera.

The camera can now tilt and rotate remotely at Dave's discretion, so you will probably be seeing some new views from the location in which it sits.

Here's the current view (if it's dark when you read this, it will probably show black):



I am VERY happy with the outcome! The picture quality also should be MUCH better as this camera has a 1.3 megapixel picture, unlike the old one which didn't even come close. We've reduced the quality of the shot a little bit for faster upload time. In the coming days and weeks we will probably adjust it here and there to obtain the highest quality picture.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient, and to those who make a periodic donation to the cam, it's what helps keep it going!

-LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your site. It appears like some of the text within your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously.
Appreciate it
Stop by my website ; black friday 2012

PHOTOS