Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Staying On Top Of The Pain

Today was a difficult day, but a lot easier than yesterday. Fortunately, my oncologist was able to get me in almost right away. Unfortunately he wasn't able to make anything of last night's CT scan because there was no IV contrast. So today, I had to repeat the process and I am currently awaiting the results. I asked my oncologist today point-blank "you think this Lymphoma" and he responded "not likely -- it would be very unusual for it to come on this fast and to hurt you as much as it is. What I'm seeing isn't symptomatic of Lymphoma at all. Now I'm saying it's unusual, that doesn't mean it's impossible either."

It appears NOT to be anything resembling a kidney stone. It's tissue that is pressing against something and hurting me an awful lot -- that's about all I can report right now. Fortunately I got a lot more done today than I did yesterday.

The biggest battle of them all is staying on top of this horrific pain. I've never had such an interesting battle... if I don't time things just right -- I pay for it. Last night I woke up about 3am and took pain medication, it was a wise thing to do because I didn't wake up in stabbing pain. I'd rather wake myself up via alarm rather than to have the pain wake me up at 5am stabbing me in the side.

I'm staying optimistic at this point. Hopefully it's just benign tissue and there is an easy way to make it go away -- that's the optimal route I am hoping for.

-LB

1 comment:

A.S.K.-P. said...

OMG Levi! Just when we thought you were all done with this bs! I sure hope you get to feeling better soon and that it's not as serious as it sounds like it could be.

GB Hugs!

PHOTOS