Sunday, November 02, 2008

Communications Crisis!

This weekend went well. I feel like my body is trying to start healing itself. I am still noticing shortness of breath on a frequent basis, but that could be from being laid up for two and a half months. But all and all the weekend wasn't bad... until that is... MY CELL PHONE WAS STOLEN! My friend /slash/ roommate Thane *aka 'Sven'* was with me and we were at the mall. We were just looking around in a store, I sat my phone down for a brief moment, and BAM! it was gone. It appears whoever took it immediately shut it off because it was going to voicemail right away. I had just charged it, and where it was left there was more than adequate signal. Thane and I spent an hour retracing our steps and looking around and found nothing. I even let the clerks know at the store and nothing turned up. So, long and the short of it -- I will be without a phone for at least two days. Thankfully I had insurance on it, but there was still a deductable... oh and the big thing -- all my numbers! So, friends, I am asking you... if I communicate with you regularly and you think I might not already know your number by heart... will you send it to me? Those of you who I talk to at least once in a while, please send your numbers. DO NOT leave them in the comments of this blog, but e-mail them to me at: levi@lbsites.com ... Even if you don't send me your number, chances are I will be able to figure it out from my call logs, etc.

Yes, it made for a terrible evening, but it is just a phone and right now I could be stressed out over it -- but I'm not going to be. My health is trying to return, and the last thing I need to do is stress out over trivial things and risk a setback. So, for now, I shall keep all my energy for healing and forget the small things.

-LB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey~ your cell provider should have a statement of the outggoing/incoming/missed calls on your bill. you can check it out online if you signed up for it.

also~ did you call your cell provider to lock out your phone as well? make it un-usable to the thief! LOL

yeah, stress ain't good when you're trying to recover from the cancer fight. I've seen this with my Mom, so I know what you're going thru.

take it easy, and btw...Kelly's back at work! Good to see her again.

~Lori

PHOTOS