Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Kit Kat (1990-2007)

I was once told she was my soul mate, I don't know if that is true or not... but what I can tell you is that she must have had a bond with my soul. I haven't ever had such a rough time losing someone or something in my life. She was more than a cat to me. She was my friend.

Ever since I was a little boy, she has been around, a part of my family. She was kind and innocent, there for me in the good and bad times. She was with me throughout my ordeal with cancer. She never judged or made anyone feel bad. She was just there, and that's all she had to do.

What I remember most about her is how she made me and others laugh. You could scratch her back and she would lick the air. She had a lot of funny little quips about her -- she would chase our dogs as well as other cats. You didn't want to piss her off. She had an incredible personality... almost human.

I won't remember her for the pain she was in the last few days on earth, but for the funny good times, her companionship, and during the trying times she bonded with my soul and made the pain go away.

I have lost before, but never feeling that I lost part of myself. I am thankful though that I had 17 years to enjoy the companionship of this friend who was more than just a cat.

-LB

2 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I'm so sorry you lost your cat - I totally understand what you're feeling. Its amazing how attached to animals we can be. They just have a way of doing like you say, attaching themselves to our souls. Sorry for your loss. Alicia

Anonymous said...

Levi, I am sorry about Kitcat! I loved her too! True, not just a cat, almost human. I think that the "Egyptians" knew cat's were more then animals! Kitcat lives on... we have her baby-girl, "Tia". Remember the kitten that Jace brought to AK? She is spoiled rotten! She too, is very entertaining! I am sorry Levi, I know tht U loved her lots! xoxox Aunt Cookie

PHOTOS