Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's That Time of Year

Yes, the holidays... the wonderful stinkin' holidays. The time where everyone gets so materialistic it makes a person want to puke.

Okay, so I'm not a big fan of the 'holidays.' I have in recent years even been known to get a little depressed around this time of year. I have a wonderful family and group of friends to spend them with, but yet the time of year bores me to death.

I am starting to change my tune though, and focus my feelings on the real reason for the holidays. To give to others, especially those who need it the most. 9 years ago this month I was diagnosed with Lymphoma, and people came pouring out of the woodwork to help me.

Recently, three people I know in the county I live in have been diagnosed with cancer, a couple of them terminal. I think it's time I stop feeling sorry for myself and put positive thoughts their way and pray for them and their families, just like the folks did for me.

Besides, I have plenty to be thankful for -- a striving and successful business which employs people; a great family, and a whole lot of friends. This year I promise to be HAPPIER for the HOLIDAYS!

-LB

No comments:

PHOTOS