Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Joys of Business

Hello all, so sorry it has been so very long since I've written. My life has been utter chaos the past couple of weeks. I am working harder than ever before, and you think I would be getting rich from the amount of business that has walked through my door. Oh no, of course not... it has been just a bunch of irate customers and BS that makes owning your own business somewhat of a challenge.

Yes, I'm ranting... but I have good reason. People just don't get it. When you are working your butt off trying to help them out -- they just don't seem to get it.

Earlier this week I had a client call me up and claim that I was "overcharging" her because she thought a computer tutorial to operate her powerpoint was included in the computer sale. I thought for a moment and regained my clarity of the situation. Does a car dealer give you free driving lessons with a car? Obviously not. So I knew I was not out of line in the situation. So, I met the person half way and they still were somewhat unsatisfied.

Oh, the joys of business. Though I must say most of the time my business is NOT like this, but you too can relate when there's one or two bad seeds in the pile it tends to ruin your day (or week in my case). This week has been just as crazy, but far less irate (thank God). I am hopefully growing a thicker skin through all of this and becoming a better businessman for it. Okay, there folks I am done. I promise to be a lot more chipper next blogging session! :) -LB

No comments:

PHOTOS